If you need to speak to a live customer service representative in VA, dial 1-800-827-1000. To speak with a live agent, you need to press 0 (to speak to an agent) and stay on the line (typical waiting time is about 1-10 minutes).
Alternatively you can use the following other options available in the customer service phone menu:
- For claim or appeal status press 1.
- For direct deposit or change of address press 2.
- For benefit letter requests press 3.
- If you have questions about disability compensation or pension press 4.
- For burial assistance press 5.
- For other benefits including VA health, education and loan assistance benefits press 6.
- To repeat press 9.
- To speak to an agent press 0.
VA Customer Service Hours
Live customer service representatives from VA are available from 8am to 9pm ET Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
VA Customer Support Phones
- VA Customer Support Phone is 1-800-827-1000. Live customer service representatives from VA are available from 8am to 9pm ET Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
- For MyVA411 main information line you need to dial 1-800-698-2411.
- For Telecommunications Relay Services you need to dial 711.
- For GI Bill hotline you need to dial 1-888-442-4551. Live customer service representatives are available from 8am to 7pm ET Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
- For VA health benefits hotline you need to dial 1-877-222-8387. Live customer service representatives are available from 8am to 8pm ET Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
- For My HealtheVet help desk you need to dial 1-877-327-0022. Live customer service representatives are available from 8am to 8pm ET Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
Veterans Affairs Social Networks Customer Service
- Veterans Affairs customer service could be contacted via Veterans Affairs Facebook page. Typically Veterans Affairs customer service representatives reply within an hour.
- You can also reach Veterans Affairs support via Veterans Affairs Twitter page
- You can view latest Veterans Affairs photos on Veterans Affairs Instagram page
- You can view latest Veterans Affairs videos on Veterans Affairs Youtube page
VA Live Chat Support
You can start a live chat session with a VA Support Agent on the VA Support page. To speak with a live agent, you need to press the “Start Chat” button.
VA support e-mail
VA doesn’t offer live support via e-mail.
VA Fax Number
VA does not have a fax number. Instead you can use 1-800-827-1000 phone number to contact VA.
VA Help Center
- You can get more information about VA Customers on the VA Customers Support page.
VA Opening Hours
Monday 8am to 9pm ET
Tuesday 8am to 9pm ET
Wednesday 8am to 9pm ET
Thursday 8am to 9pm ET
Friday 8am to 9pm ET
Reach Real Person in Va by Phone, Live Chat, Social Network
Make sure that you tried multiple options when reaching customer service. If live customer service agent is not available by phone, try live chat as a shortcut. Frequently direct message via Va Facebook account or Va Twitter account may get you a customer representative quicker and sometimes even 24/7, so try it too. If you want to file a complaint or submit a positive feedback you may leave your comment or complaint under Instagram or Youtube post and in many cases the business will respond to it. For your convenience all of these customer service contact options for Va are provided above.
What to do if Va Contact Number Is Not Working?
It is typical that customer service menu options change with time. Customer support options and even contact numbers might be removed and added. If you have problems with getting a real person in Va customer service with instructions above please leave the comment in the comments section below and we will improve this guide. We are constantly monitoring the customer service contact numbers, e-mail and chats to make sure the instructions on How to Talk to a Live Person in VA Customer Service are the most accurate.
If you successfully reached a live customer service agent in Va please leave your instructions in the comments section below so everyone can use it.