UPS, which stands for United Parcel Service, is a global logistics and transportation company based in the United States. It was founded in 1907 in Seattle, Washington, and has since grown to become one of the largest package delivery companies in the world, with operations in over 220 countries and territories.
UPS offers a wide range of services, including package and document delivery, freight transportation, and logistics and supply chain management solutions. The company operates a vast network of ground, air, and sea transportation options, as well as a fleet of over 120,000 vehicles, including package cars, vans, and tractor-trailers.
UPS is known for its iconic brown delivery trucks and uniforms, as well as its commitment to sustainability and corporate social responsibility. The company has set a goal to reach carbon neutrality by 2050 and has invested in alternative fuel vehicles and renewable energy sources to reduce its carbon footprint.
In addition to its core business operations, UPS also offers a range of value-added services, including customs brokerage, insurance, and printing and document services. Overall, UPS is a highly respected and recognized leader in the global logistics and transportation industry.
How to Talk to a Live Person in UPS Customer Service
If you need to speak to a live customer service representative in UPS customer service you need to dial 1-800-742-5877 (1-800-PICK-UPS®). To speak with a live agent, you need to say “speak with an agent”, then say “more shipping options” or press 6, after say “billing” or press 3 and stay on the line (typical waiting time is about 1-5 minutes).
Alternatively you can use the following other options available in the customer service phone menu:
- Say “Track a package” or press 1
- Say “Change a delivery” or press 2
- Say “To schedule a pick up” or press 3
- Say “Report a problem” or press 4
- Say “Find Locations” or press 5
- Say “More shipping options” or press 6
UPS Customer Service Hours
Live customer service representatives from UPS are available from 6am to 1am EST Sunday-Saturday.
UPS Customer Service Phones
- UPS customer service phone number is 1-800-742-5877 (1-800-PICK-UPS®). Live customer service representatives from UPS are available from 6am to 1am EST Sunday-Saturday.
- For international shipping you need to dial 1-800-782-7892. Live customer service representatives are available 24/7.
- For TTY/TDD Access for Hearing Impaired you need to dial 1-800-833-0056.
- For Technical Support you need to dial 1-877-289-6419. Live customer service representatives are available from 7:30am to 9pm EST Monday-Friday, from 9am to 8pm EST Saturday-Sunday.
- For UPS Billing Center Support you need to dial 1-800-811-1648 (Domestic Billing Support) or 1-866-493-7140 (Import Billing Support).
- For less than truckload (more than 150 lbs) you need to dial 1-800-333-7400.
- For Truckload (more than 12,000 lbs) you need to dial 1-888-682-4652.
- For Air Freight (more than 150 lbs) you need to dial 1-800-443-6379.
- For Ocean Freight you need to dial 1-800-350-8440.
UPS Social Networks Customer Service
- UPS customer service could be contacted via UPS Facebook page. Typically UPS customer service representative replies within an hour.
- You can also reach UPS support via UPS Twitter page
- You can view latest UPS videos on UPS Youtube page
- You can message a live customer service representative using UPS Linkedin page
UPS Customer Service Video Guide
You can contact live UPS customer service by following this video guide:.
How to contact UPS support via Twitter
To contact UPS customer support via twitter visit UPS Twitter page. There click on message button.
Type your message at the prompt below and click on the blue arrow to the right to send it to the UPS Customer Service.
How to Track your Package in UPS
If you have the tracking number:
- You need to go to the UPS Home page.
- Enter your tracking number.
- Press the “Track” button.
Also, you can track your order from UPS by virtual assistant:
- You need to go to the UPS Support page.
- Enter your tracking numbers in the virtual assistant window.
- Press the “Send” button.
If you don’t have the tracking number:
- Enroll in UPS My Choice® or log in to your account.
- Press the “Track and Manage Home Deliveries” button.
- Enter the “My Delivery Planner”.
- Select the tracking number of a shipment.
Also, to find your tracking number, check your shipment notification for an 18-digit number starting with “1Z” or contact the sender.
To track your air or ocean freight shipment:
- You need to go to the UPS Forwarding Hub page.
- Enter your tracking number.
- Press the “Go” button.
UPS Live Chat Support
You can start a live chat session with a UPS Support Agent on the UPS Contact Help Support Center page.
UPS Common Issues and Solutions
One of the most common problems customers face with UPS is delayed packages. Delays can happen due to various reasons, including weather conditions, customs issues, inaccurate shipping details, or logistical errors.
Solution: Check your package’s status using the tracking number provided by UPS. If the package is delayed, the updated delivery date will typically be listed. If the package is significantly delayed or lost, contact UPS customer service. They can initiate a trace on the package and may provide further solutions or compensation as per their policies.
Packages can sometimes be damaged during transit, resulting in broken or lost items.
Solution: If you receive a damaged package, report it to UPS immediately. They may ask you to provide evidence, such as photos, of the damaged goods and packaging. It’s also beneficial to keep the original packaging until the issue is resolved.
There are instances when packages get delivered to the wrong address due to incorrect or unclear shipping details.
Solution: If you’re the sender, ensure that you provide accurate and complete shipping details. If you’re the receiver and the package was incorrectly delivered, contact UPS customer service with the tracking number for assistance.
Issues with Customs for International Shipping
International shipping can sometimes be held up due to issues with customs, which can cause delivery delays.
Solution: To avoid customs issues, make sure you correctly declare the items you’re shipping, including their value. It is also advisable to be aware of the customs regulations of the destination country.
UPS Mailing Addresses
UPS World Headquarters
55 Glenlake Parkway NE
Atlanta, GA 30328
UPS support e-mail
To email UPS use the following UPS contact form.
UPS Fax Number
UPS does not have a fax number. Instead you can use 1-800-742-5877 phone number to contact UPS.
UPS Help Center
You can get more information about UPS on the UPS Help Center page.
UPS Opening Hours
You can find more information about UPS opening hours on the UPS Location Finder Page.
UPS Customer Service Information For Other Locations
- Phone number: 1-800-742-5877
- Customer Service Hours: 7:30am to 11pm EST Monday-Friday
- Virtual Assistant
- Phone number: 1-800-743-3877
- Customer Service Hours: 8am to 7pm Monday-Friday
- Phone number: +44(0)3457 877 877
- Customer Service Hours: 8am to 8pm Monday-Friday, 8am to 2pm Saturday
- Virtual Assistant
- Mailing Address: Forest Road
Middlesex TW13 7DY
- Phone number: +48 22 489 48 77
- Customer Service Hours: 7:30am to 8pm Monday-Friday, 8am to 4pm Saturday
- Virtual Assistant
- Mailing Address: UPS Polska Sp. z o.o.
ul. Prądzyńskiego 1/3
- Phone number: +39 02 30 30 30 39 or 800 877 877 (toll-free number)
- Customer Service Hours: 8am to 7pm Monday-Friday, 8:30am to 1pm Saturday
- Mailing Address: United Parcel Service Italia, S.R.L.
Via Fantoli 15/2 and 15/8
- Phone number: +49(0) 6966 40 50 60
- Customer Service Hours: 7am to 7pm Monday-Friday, 8am to 2pm Saturday
- Virtual Assistant
- Mailing Address: United Parcel Service Deutschland S.à r.l. & Co. OHG
Goerlitzer Straße 1
41460 Neuss, Germany
Reach Real Person in Ups by Phone, Live Chat, Social Network
Make sure that you tried multiple options when reaching customer service. If live customer service agent is not available by phone, try live chat as a shortcut. Frequently direct message via Ups Facebook account or Ups Twitter account may get you a customer representative quicker and sometimes even 24/7, so try it too. If you want to file a complaint or submit a positive feedback you may leave your comment or complaint under Instagram or Youtube post and in many cases the business will respond to it. For your convenience all of these customer service contact options for Ups are provided above.
What to do if Ups Contact Number Is Not Working?
It is typical that customer service menu options change with time. Customer support options and even contact numbers might be removed and added. If you have problems with getting a real person in Ups customer service with instructions above please leave the comment in the comments section below and we will improve this guide. We are constantly monitoring the customer service contact numbers, e-mail and chats to make sure the instructions on Talk to a Live Person in UPS Customer Service are the most accurate.
If you successfully reached a live customer service agent in Ups please leave your instructions in the comments section below so everyone can use it.