If you need to speak to a live customer service representative in Texas Medicaid you need to dial Texas Health and Human Services Commission customer service at 1-800-252-8263. To speak with a live agent, you need to press 1 (for English), then press 9 and stay on the line (typical waiting time is about 1-2 minutes).
Alternatively you can use the following other options available in the customer service phone menu:
- Do you have questions about whether you can get state benefits and services like SNAP food benefits, can of cash help, Medicaid or chip the children’s health insurance program or if you need help finding services like food pantries, housing, Senior Services, child care or help to pay for medicine, utilities or rent press 1.
- If you want to know more about your Texas benefits Medicaid card, Medicaid benefits, the Texas Health steps program or do you need help getting a ride to the doctor dentist or drugstore press 2.
- If you need help with STAR Kids or STAR Plus health plans or do you need to know how Medicaid works with other insurance programs or do you want to learn how Medicaid and help you pay for your private health insurance press 3.
- If you need to reach the department of aging and disability services, Social Security or Medicare press 4.
- If you want to file a complaint about a Medicaid service or provider or do you need help with a Medicaid problem or do want to report possible waste, abuse or fraud press 5.
- To speak with a staff member press 9.
- To hear this menu again press 0.
Texas Medicaid Customer Service Hours
Live customer service representatives from Texas Health and Human Services Commission are available from 7am to 7pm CT Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
Texas Medicaid Customer Service Phones
- For Texas Medicaid client hotline you need to dial 1-800-252-8263. Live customer service representatives from Texas Medicaid are available from 7am to 7pm CST Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
- For CHIP call center you need to dial 1-877-543-7669 or 1-800-647-6558.
TexasHHSC Social Networks Customer Service
- TexasHHSC customer service could be contacted via TexasHHSC Facebook page. Typically TexasHHSC customer service representative replies within an hour.
- You can also reach TexasHHSC support via TexasHHSC Twitter page
- You can view latest TexasHHSC videos on TexasHHSC Youtube page
- You can view latest TexasHHSC photos on TexasHHSC Instagram page
Texas Health and Human Services Commission Mailing Addresses
CHIP processing center:
Texas Health and Human Services
P. O. Box 149024
Austin, TX 78714-9024
Texas Health and Human Services Commission Live Chat Support
TexasHHSC doesn’t offer live chat support. The best way to contact TexasHHSC is to call them at 1-800-252-8263.
Texas Medicaid support e-mail
- For Health and Human Services Commission send an e-mail to [email protected]
Texas Medicaid Help Center
You can find more information about Texas Health and Human Services Commission on the Texas Health and Human Services Commission Services page.
Texas Health and Human Services Commission Opening Hours
Monday 7am to 7pm CST
Tuesday 7am to 7pm CST
Wednesday 7am to 7pm CST
Thursday 7am to 7pm CST
Friday 7am to 7pm CST
Texas Medicaid Headquarters
View Texas Medicaid headquarters location on a map.
Reach Real Person in Texas Medicaid by Phone, Live Chat, Social Network
Make sure that you tried multiple options when reaching customer service. If live customer service agent is not available by phone, try live chat as a shortcut. Frequently direct message via Texas Medicaid Facebook account or Texas Medicaid Twitter account may get you a customer representative quicker and sometimes even 24/7, so try it too. If you want to file a complaint or submit a positive feedback you may leave your comment or complaint under Instagram or Youtube post and in many cases the business will respond to it. For your convenience all of these customer service contact options for Texas Medicaid are provided above.
What to do if Texas Medicaid Contact Number Is Not Working?
It is typical that customer service menu options change with time. Customer support options and even contact numbers might be removed and added. If you have problems with getting a real person in Texas Medicaid customer service with instructions above please leave the comment in the comments section below and we will improve this guide. We are constantly monitoring the customer service contact numbers, e-mail and chats to make sure the instructions on How to Talk to a Live Person in Texas Medicaid Customer Service are the most accurate.
If you successfully reached a live customer service agent in Texas Medicaid please leave your instructions in the comments section below so everyone can use it.