If you need to talk to a live person in Social Security customer service you need to dial 1-800-772-1213. Live customer service via this number is available Monday-Friday from 7am through 7pm EST. Social Security uses voice recognition system for their automated support system. To speak with a live agent, you need to say “speak to a representative”, then say “continue”, then “yes” and stay on the line (typical waiting time is about 1-2 hours).
Below are some of the options available through Social Security customer service phone system:
- Claim Status
- Update personal information
- New or replacement Cards
- Office Locations
- Setup or change direct deposit
- Apply for Benefits
- Request a proof of income letter
- Get a replacement 1099 statement
- Direct deposit
- Proof of Income
Social Security Service Options
Social Security Customer Service Hours
Social Security live customer service agents are available Monday-Friday from 7am through 7pm EST.
Online Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 5am – 1am (ET), Saturday 5am – 11pm (ET), Sunday 8am – 11:30PM (ET).
Social Security Phone Customer Service
Social Security Social Networks Customer Service
- Social Security customer service could be contacted via Social Security Facebook page
- You can also reach Social Security support via Social Security Twitter page
- You can view latest Social Security videos on Social Security Youtube page
Social Security support e-mail
You can send message to Social Security customer service here: https://secure.ssa.gov/emailus/.
Social Security Mailing Address
Social Security Administration
Office of Public Inquiries
1100 West High Rise
6401 Security Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21235