If you need to speak to a live customer service representative in the Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity customer service you need to dial 1-866-500-0017. To speak with a live agent, you need to stay on the line, then press 1 (for English), press 1 (for inquire about or file a claim for unemployment), after press 1 (for questions on your file claims) and stay on the line (typical waiting time is about 2-4 hours).
Alternatively you can use the following other options available in the customer service phone menu:
- To receive a link to report an issue with my login press 1.
- To receive a link to report an access issue with MiWAM press 2.
- If you do not want to receive a link press 9.
Second menu (if you stay on the line):
- For inquire about or file a claim for unemployment press 1.
- To change your payment method press 2.
- To report fraud or identity theft press 3.
- For inquiries regarding restitution for garnishment press 4.
- For bankruptcy in front of the court press 5.
- For TRA press 6.
- To repeat this menu press the star key.
Then if you press 1 (for inquire about or file a claim for unemployment) in the above menu you will get the following sub-menu:
- For questions on your file claims press 1.
- For employer file claims press 2.
Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity Customer Service Hours
Live customer service representatives from Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity are available from 8am to 5pm Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
Michigan Unemployment Insurance Customer Service Phones
- Michigan Unemployment Insurance customer service phone number is 1-866-500-0017. Live customer service representatives from Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity are available from 8am to 5pm Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
- For Michigan Unemployment Insurance Customer Service (EMPLOYERS) you need to dial 1-855-484-2636. Live customer service representatives from Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity are available from 8am to 5pm Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
- If you are hearing impaired, TTY service you need to dial 1-866-366-0004.
- For Wage and Hour Division you need to dial 1-517-284-7800.
- For Workforce Development you need to dial 1-517-335-5858.
- For Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration you need to dial 1-517-284-7777.
- For Michigan Rehabilitation Services you need to dial 1-517-241-5324.
- For Workers’ Disability Compensation you need to dial 1-517-284-8947.
- For Bureau of Services for Blind Persons you need to dial 1-517-241-1100.
- For Michigan Career and Technical Institute you need to dial 1-877-901-7360.
- For MARVIN you need to dial 1-866-638-3993.
- For Michigan State Housing Development Authority you need to dial 1-517-335-9885.
- You can get all customer service phone numbers on the Michigan Unemployment Insurance Contact page.
Michigan Unemployment Insurance Social Networks Customer Service
- Michigan Unemployment Insurance customer service could be contacted via Michigan Unemployment Insurance Facebook page. Typically Michigan Unemployment Insurance customer service representative replies within an hour.
- You can also reach Michigan Unemployment Insurance support via Michigan Unemployment Insurance Twitter page
- You can view latest Michigan Unemployment Insurance Insurance videos on Michigan Unemployment Youtube page
Michigan Unemployment Insurance Mailing Addresses
Protests only: UIA, P.O. Box 169, Grand Rapids, MI 49501-0169
Appeals only: UIA, P.O. Box 124, Grand Rapids, MI 49501-0124
Make your check or money order payable to “State of Michigan”:
State of Michigan
Unemployment Insurance – Restitution
Dept # 771760
PO Box 77000
Detroit MI 48277-1760
Michigan Unemployment Insurance Live Chat Support
You can start a live chat session with a Michigan Unemployment Insurance Support Agent From your MiWAM account home page. To speak with a live agent, you need to click “Chat with an agent”. Chat is available from 8am to 5pm Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
Michigan Unemployment Insurance support e-mail
To send UIA a message via e-mail you need to go to your MiWAM account home page and click to “Send Unemployment a message”.
Michigan Unemployment Insurance Help Center
- You can get more information about Michigan Unemployment Insurance on the Michigan Unemployment Insurance Help page.
Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity Opening Hours
p>Monday 8am to 5pm
Tuesday 8am to 5pm
Wednesday 8am to 5pm
Thursday 8am to 5pm
Friday 8am to 5pm
Michigan Unemployment Headquarters
Reach Real Person in Michigan Unemployment by Phone, Live Chat, Social Network
Make sure that you tried multiple options when reaching customer service. If live customer service agent is not available by phone, try live chat as a shortcut. Frequently direct message via Michigan Unemployment Facebook account or Michigan Unemployment Twitter account may get you a customer representative quicker and sometimes even 24/7, so try it too. If you want to file a complaint or submit a positive feedback you may leave your comment or complaint under Instagram or Youtube post and in many cases the business will respond to it. For your convenience all of these customer service contact options for Michigan Unemployment are provided above.
What to do if Michigan Unemployment Contact Number Is Not Working?
It is typical that customer service menu options change with time. Customer support options and even contact numbers might be removed and added. If you have problems with getting a real person in Michigan Unemployment customer service with instructions above please leave the comment in the comments section below and we will improve this guide. We are constantly monitoring the customer service contact numbers, e-mail and chats to make sure the instructions on How to Talk to a Live Person in Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity Customer Service are the most accurate.
If you successfully reached a live customer service agent in Michigan Unemployment please leave your instructions in the comments section below so everyone can use it.