If you need to talk to a live person in EDD customer service you need to call 1-800-480-3287. There are multiple ways to reach live customer representatives via this number but the last one that was working when we tested the system was following. Type 1 to select English or 2 for Spanish. After that type of 3-2-1-0. Make sure to wait for the next prompt before typing each number. Once you enter these numbers the system will confirm that you are about to be connected to a live customer service representative. After that, you will just need to wait. Please note that EDD system is overloaded and it may take you quite a lot of waiting time to get through to someone.
For your convenience below is the main menu of EDD phone system available via 1-800-480-3287:
- For benefit payments press
- For SDI online help desk regarding registration, password, or other system related questions for online claim filing press 2
- For disability insurance information press 3
- For voluntary plans press 4
- For elective coverage for business owners or the self-employed press 5
- To receive claim forms by mail press 6
- To hear this options again press star
An alternative way to reach EDD live customer service representative is to call 1-800-300-5616 phone number. Select 1 for English. After that type 6-7-1. Make sure to wait for the next prompt before typing each number. Once you enter these numbers the system will confirm that you are about to be connected to a live customer service representative.
Below is the main menu available via 1-800-300-5616 phone number:
- For information on the last payment made on your claim or EDD debit card information press 1
- To certify for weekly of bi-weekly continued claims by telephone using EDD Tele-Cert press 2
- To file or reopen an unemployment insurance claim press 3
- If you’re calling for information about form 1099-G which reports taxable unemployment compensations press 4
- If you’re an employer press 5
- For information about UI online and other EDD services including Americas job centers California locations or to update your UI claim 6
You can also try calling 1-213-477-1405 phone number which may connect you directly to EDD operator.
EDD Customer Service Hours
Live customer service representatives from EDD are available from 8am to 5pm Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
EDD Customer Service Phones
- EDD customer service phone numbers are 1-800-480-3287 and 1-800-300-5616. Live customer service representatives from EDD are available from 8am to 5pm Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
- To contact Tax representatives you need to dial 1-888-745-3886.
- To contact a Disability Insurance (DI) representative you need to dial 1-800-480-3287.
- To contact a Paid Family Leave (PFL) representative you need to dial 1-877-238-4373.
- To contact a Payroll Taxes representative you need to dial 1-888-745-3886.
- For UI General or Technical Support you need to dial 1-833-978-2511.
- For UI Claims Support you need to dial 1-800-300-5616.
- For UI Automated Self-Service Line you need to dial 1-866-333-4606.
EDD Online Customer Service
- You can access EDD online Unemployment Insurance web features using UI Online
- Information from EDD is available on EDD Facebook page
- EDD is also available via EDD Twitter
EDD Fax Number
- For labor market information questions, comments, or suggestions you need to dial 1-916-262-2352.
Reach Real Person in Edd by Phone, Live Chat, Social Network
Make sure that you tried multiple options when reaching customer service. If live customer service agent is not available by phone, try live chat as a shortcut. Frequently direct message via Edd Facebook account or Edd Twitter account may get you a customer representative quicker and sometimes even 24/7, so try it too. If you want to file a complaint or submit a positive feedback you may leave your comment or complaint under Instagram or Youtube post and in many cases the business will respond to it. For your convenience all of these customer service contact options for Edd are provided above.
What to do if Edd Contact Number Is Not Working?
It is typical that customer service menu options change with time. Customer support options and even contact numbers might be removed and added. If you have problems with getting a real person in Edd customer service with instructions above please leave the comment in the comments section below and we will improve this guide. We are constantly monitoring the customer service contact numbers, e-mail and chats to make sure the instructions on Talk to a Live Person in EDD Customer Service are the most accurate.
If you successfully reached a live customer service agent in Edd please leave your instructions in the comments section below so everyone can use it.