If you need to speak to a live customer service representative in the California Department of Motor Vehicles customer service you need to dial 1-800-777-0133. To speak with a live agent, you need to press 1 (for English), then press 1 (for driver’s license), press 9 (to speak with an agent) and stay on the line (typical waiting time is about 4-10 minutes). Live customer service agents from California DMV are available 24/7.
Alternatively you can use the following other options available in the customer service phone menu:
- Say “Driver’s License” or press 1.
- Say “Vehicles or vessels” or press 2.
- Say “Order forms” or press 3.
- Say “Make appointment” or press 4.
- Say “Find an office” or press 5.
- Say “Latest DMV news” or press 6.
California DMV Customer Service Hours
Live customer service representatives from California DMV are available 24/7.
California DMV Customer Support Phones
- CA DMV Customer Support Phone Number is 1-800-777-0133. Live customer service representatives from California DMV are available 24/7.
- To Request public information from DMV you need to dial 1-916-657-8098.
- For Driver Safety (DS) Hearing Transcript Requests you need to dial 1-916-657-8431.
- For Public Records Act (PRA) and/or Information Practices Act Requests you need to dial 1-916-657-6243.
- For Statement of Economic Interests (Form 700) Requests you need to dial 1-916-657-7541.
- For Information Practices Act (IPA) Requests you need to dial 1-916-657-6340.
- For assistance with technical issues you need to dial 1-877-563-5213. Live customer service representatives from California DMV are available from 8am to 5pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, from 9am to 5pm Wednesday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
- To call the Revenue Services Support Unit you need to dial 1-916-657-8101.
- For California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) you need to dial 1-800-400-7115.
- To Call the Individual Licensing Unit you need to dial 1-916-229-3128.
- To Call OL Compliance you need to dial 1-916-229-3154.
- If you have questions regarding the processing of a specific IRP application you need to dial 1-916-657-7971.
- If you have questions about PFR you need to dial 1-916-657-7971.
California Department of Motor Vehicles Social Networks Customer Service
- California Department of Motor Vehicles customer service could be contacted via California Department of Motor Vehicles Facebook page. Typically California Department of Motor Vehicles customer service representative replies within an hour.
- You can also reach California Department of Motor Vehicles support via California Department of Motor Vehicles Twitter page
- You can view latest California Department of Motor Vehicles photos on California Department of Motor Vehicles Instagram page
- You can view latest California Department of Motor Vehicles videos on California Department of Motor Vehicles Youtube page
- You can message a live customer service representative using California Department of Motor Vehicles Linkedin page
California DMV support e-mail
- If you need to request more than 15 records at once send an e-mail to [email protected]
- For Additional Contact Options send an e-mail to [email protected]
- If you need to email the IRP Operations Unit send an e-mail to [email protected]
- f you have questions about an ICP issue send an e-mail to [email protected]
CA DMV Live Chat Support
You can start a live chat session with a CA DMV Support Agent on the California DMV Support page by clicking the “Ask DMV” black icon in the bottom right corner of the page.
California DMV Help Center
You can find more information about California DMV on the California DMV Support page.
California DMV Opening Hours
You can find more information about California DMV opening hours on the California DMV Field Offices Page.
California DMV Mailing Addresses
To request public information from DMV:
DMV Information Release Unit
PO Box 944247
Sacramento, CA 94244-2470
Requesting Records in Bulk:
DMV Materials Management Section
4201 Sierra Point Dr. Ste. 112
Sacramento, CA 95834-7900
Driver Safety (DS) Hearing Transcript Requests:
Litigation Services Unit, MS J256
2570 24th Street
Sacramento, CA 95818-7010
Financial Responsibility Requests (FR):
Financial Responsibility Unit, MS J237
PO Box 942884
Sacramento, CA 94284-0884
Occupational Licensing (OL) Requests:
Occupational Licensing Unit, MS L224
PO Box 932342
Sacramento, CA 94232-3420
Public Records Act (PRA) and/or Information Practices Act Requests:
Legal Affairs Division, MS C128
2415 1st Avenue
PO Box 932382
Sacramento, CA 94232-3820
Mail your payment and a copy of the Demand for Payment letter to:
Revenue Services Support Unit
Mail Station C140
PO Box 825341
Sacramento, CA 94232-5341
Office of the Director:
Department of Motor Vehicles
2415 1st Ave., Mail Station F101
Sacramento, CA 95818-2606
General Driver License Inquiries:
Driver License Inquires
Department of Motor Vehicles
PO Box 942890
Sacramento, CA 94290-0001
Department of Motor Vehicles
MS H165 PO Box 932345
Sacramento, CA 94232-3450
California Dmv Headquarters
Reach Real Person in California Dmv by Phone, Live Chat, Social Network
Make sure that you tried multiple options when reaching customer service. If live customer service agent is not available by phone, try live chat as a shortcut. Frequently direct message via California Dmv Facebook account or California Dmv Twitter account may get you a customer representative quicker and sometimes even 24/7, so try it too. If you want to file a complaint or submit a positive feedback you may leave your comment or complaint under Instagram or Youtube post and in many cases the business will respond to it. For your convenience all of these customer service contact options for California Dmv are provided above.
What to do if California Dmv Contact Number Is Not Working?
It is typical that customer service menu options change with time. Customer support options and even contact numbers might be removed and added. If you have problems with getting a real person in California Dmv customer service with instructions above please leave the comment in the comments section below and we will improve this guide. We are constantly monitoring the customer service contact numbers, e-mail and chats to make sure the instructions on Talk to a Live Person in California Department of Motor Vehicles Customer Service are the most accurate.
If you successfully reached a live customer service agent in California Dmv please leave your instructions in the comments section below so everyone can use it.