If you need to talk to a live person in BB&T customer service you need to call 1-800-226-5228 (1-800-BANK-BBT). If you need to talk to a new account salesperson you need to select 4 in the first menu and then press 2. Then press 1 for new personal accounts or 2 for new business accounts. After that just wait for the system to connect you with a sales representative.
If you want to speak about an existing account you need to select 1 from the first menu and then select the type of operation you need to perform on your account from the second menu. After that, the system will ask for your social security number. Once you enter it you can proceed with further options available through the automated phone system including access to live customer service.
For your convenience we included the main menu of the BB&T customer service system below:
- For banking services and existing account information press 1
- To report a lost or stolen card or checkbook or to report a fraudulent activity press 2
- To place a check order or to inquire about recent order for checking savings, or line of credit accounts press 3
- To inquire about new accounts press 4
- To activate a card or change the pin associated with your card press 5
- For an interactive demonstration of BB&T phone 24 press 8
If you select 1 from the menu above you will get to the following menu:
- For checking, savings, or other deposits account information press 1
- For loan account information press 2
- To transfer funds press 3
- To request a new security code or change your current security code press 4
- For interest paid and interest earned tax information press 5
- To instruct BB&T whether or not to consider authorizing transaction which will overdraft your account withdrawals and ATM transactions press 6
BB&T Customer Service Options
BB&T Phone Customer Service
Phone support for BB&T is available via 1-800-226-5228 (1-800-BANK-BBT). Make sure that you have your SSN ready if you want to get access to a customer service about an existing account.
BB&T Online Support Options
- You can send BB&T a secure message when you logged in to BB&T online banking.
- BB&T also provides information via BB&T Facebook page
- You can also contact BB&T via BB&T Twitter page
Reach Real Person in Bb T by Phone, Live Chat, Social Network
Make sure that you tried multiple options when reaching customer service. If live customer service agent is not available by phone, try live chat. Frequently direct message via Bb T Facebook account or Bb T Twitter account may get you a customer representative quickly, so try it too. If you want to file a complaint or submit a positive feedback you may leave your comment or complaint under Instagram or Youtube post and in many cases the business will respond to it. For your convenience all of these customer service contact options for Bb T are provided above.
If you successfully reached a live customer service agent in Bb T please leave your instructions in the comments section below so everyone can use it.