If you need to contact a live person in American Express customer service you need to dial 1-800-528-2122. First of all, you need to say “main menu”, after that say “more option” or press 7, then say “representative” or press 0 and say or enter the last 5 digits your card number. After that, you need to stay on the line and the automated phone system will connect you to a live customer service agent from American Express.
Alternatively you can use the following other available options:
- Say “account balance” or press 1.
- Say “payments” or press 2.
- Say “recent transaction” or press 3
- Say “rewards” or press 4
- Say “replacement a card” or press 5
- Say “update your account information” or press 6
- Say “more options” or press 7
If you say “more options” or press 7 in the above menu you will get the following sub-menu:
- Say “to check if you can use your card” or press 1.
- Say “calling about travel” or press 2.
- Say “question a charge” or press 3
- Say “apply for a card” or press 4
- Say “set up my pin” or press 5
- Say “to cancel a card” or press 7
- Say “to speak to a representative” or press 7
American Express Customer Service Options
American Express Phone Customer Service
- For corporate platinum card member customer service you need to dial 1-800-492-3932.
- For program administrator customer service you need to dial 1-888-800-8564.
- For program managment you need to dial 1-800-238-8087.
- For reporting & data you need to dial 1-800-542-0995.
- For baggage insurance plan you need to dial 1-800-645-9700.
American Express Social Networks Support
- You can contact live customer service representative using American Express Facebook page
- You can also contact live customer service representatives using American Express Twitter
- You can also contact live customer service representatives using American Express Youtube
- You can also contact live customer service representatives using American Express Instagram
American Express Mail
El Paso, TX 79998-1531
Dallas, TX 75265-0448
Bill Payment (Overnight):
Attn: Express Mail Remittance Processing
20500 Belshaw Ave
Carson, CA 90746
American Express Headquarters
View American Express headquarters location on a map.
Reach Real Person in American Express by Phone, Live Chat, Social Network
Make sure that you tried multiple options when reaching customer service. If live customer service agent is not available by phone, try live chat as a shortcut. Frequently direct message via American Express Facebook account or American Express Twitter account may get you a customer representative quicker and sometimes even 24/7, so try it too. If you want to file a complaint or submit a positive feedback you may leave your comment or complaint under Instagram or Youtube post and in many cases the business will respond to it. For your convenience all of these customer service contact options for American Express are provided above.
What to do if American Express Contact Number Is Not Working?
It is typical that customer service menu options change with time. Customer support options and even contact numbers might be removed and added. If you have problems with getting a real person in American Express customer service with instructions above please leave the comment in the comments section below and we will improve this guide. We are constantly monitoring the customer service contact numbers, e-mail and chats to make sure the instructions on How to Talk to a Live Person in American Express Customer Service are the most accurate.
If you successfully reached a live customer service agent in American Express please leave your instructions in the comments section below so everyone can use it.