If you need to speak to a live customer service representative in The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) customer service you need to dial 0800-055-6688. To speak with a live agent, you need to stay on the line (typical waiting time is about 5-15 minutes).
Alternatively you can use the following other options available in the customer service phone menu:
- For information about Universal Credit press 1.
- To claim maternity allowance press 2.
- To claim new style job seekers allowance press 3.
DWP Customer Service Hours
Live customer service representatives from DWP are available from 8am to 5pm Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
DWP Customer Support Phones
- DWP Customer Support Phone is 0800-055-6688. Live customer service representatives from DWP are available from 8am to 5pm Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
- To Claim your State Pension (Request a form) you need to dial 0800-731-7898. Live customer service representatives are available from 8am to 6pm Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
- To Claim your State Pension (Technical help with the online service) you need to dial 0800-169-0154. Live customer service representatives are available from 9:30am to 3:30pm Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
- To Get pension information, or report a change you need to dial 0800-731-0469. Live customer service representatives are available from 9:30am to 3:30pm Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
- To Call the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to start your claim for PIP you need to dial 0800-917-2222.
- For Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA), Income Support, Incapacity Benefit or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) you need to dial 0800-169-0310.
- To Change or cancel an appointment you need to dial 0800-169-0190.
DWP Social Networks Customer Service
- DWP customer service could be contacted via DWP Facebook page. Typically DWP customer service representative replies within an hour.
- You can also reach DWP support via DWP Twitter page
- You can view latest DWP photos on Department for Work & Pensions Instagram page
- You can view latest DWP videos on DWP Youtube page
DWP Mailing Addresses
The Pension Service
Post Handling Site A
DWP Live Chat Support
DWP doesn’t offer live chat support. The best way to contact DWP is to call them at 0800-055-6688.
DWP UK support e-mail
DWP doesn’t offer live support via e-mail.
DWP Help Center
- You can get more information about DWP Customers on the DWP Customers Support page.
DWP Opening Hours
Monday 8am to 5pm
Tuesday 8am to 5pm
Wednesday 8am to 5pm
Thursday 8am to 5pm
Friday 8am to 5pm
Reach Real Person in Dwp by Phone, Live Chat, Social Network
Make sure that you tried multiple options when reaching customer service. If live customer service agent is not available by phone, try live chat as a shortcut. Frequently direct message via Dwp Facebook account or Dwp Twitter account may get you a customer representative quicker and sometimes even 24/7, so try it too. If you want to file a complaint or submit a positive feedback you may leave your comment or complaint under Instagram or Youtube post and in many cases the business will respond to it. For your convenience all of these customer service contact options for Dwp are provided above.
What to do if Dwp Contact Number Is Not Working?
It is typical that customer service menu options change with time. Customer support options and even contact numbers might be removed and added. If you have problems with getting a real person in Dwp customer service with instructions above please leave the comment in the comments section below and we will improve this guide. We are constantly monitoring the customer service contact numbers, e-mail and chats to make sure the instructions on How to Talk to a Live Person in DWP Customer Service are the most accurate.
If you successfully reached a live customer service agent in Dwp please leave your instructions in the comments section below so everyone can use it.