If you need to talk to a live person in EDD customer service you need to call 1-800-480-3287. There are multiple ways to reach live customer representatives via this number but the last one that was working when we tested the system was following. Type 1 to select English or 2 for Spanish. After that type of 3-2-1-0. Make sure to wait for the next prompt before typing each number. Once you enter these numbers the system will confirm that you are about to be connected to a live customer service representative. After that, you will just need to wait. Please note that EDD system is overloaded and it may take you quite a lot of waiting time to get through to someone.
For your convenience below is the main menu of EDD phone system available via 1-800-480-3287:
- For benefit payments press
- For SDI online help desk regarding registration, password, or other system related questions for online claim filing press 2
- For disability insurance information press 3
- For voluntary plans press 4
- For elective coverage for business owners or the self-employed press 5
- To receive claim forms by mail press 6
- To hear this options again press star
An alternative way to reach EDD live customer service representative is to call 1-800-300-5616 phone number. Select 1 for English. After that type 6-7-1. Make sure to wait for the next prompt before typing each number. Once you enter these numbers the system will confirm that you are about to be connected to a live customer service representative.
Below is the main menu available via 1-800-300-5616 phone number:
- For information on the last payment made on your claim or EDD debit card information press 1
- To certify for weekly of bi-weekly continued claims by telephone using EDD Tele-Cert press 2
- To file or reopen an unemployment insurance claim press 3
- If you’re calling for information about form 1099-G which reports taxable unemployment compensations press 4
- If you’re an employer press 5
- For information about UI online and other EDD services including Americas job centers California locations or to update your UI claim 6
You can also try calling 1-213-477-1405 phone number which may connect you directly to EDD operator.
EDD Customer Service Hours
Live customer service representatives from EDD are available from 8am to 5pm Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
EDD Customer Service Phones
- EDD customer service phone numbers are 1-800-480-3287 and 1-800-300-5616. Live customer service representatives from EDD are available from 8am to 5pm Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
- To contact Tax representatives you need to dial 1-888-745-3886.
- To contact a Disability Insurance (DI) representative you need to dial 1-800-480-3287.
- To contact a Paid Family Leave (PFL) representative you need to dial 1-877-238-4373.
- To contact a Payroll Taxes representative you need to dial 1-888-745-3886.
- For UI General or Technical Support you need to dial 1-833-978-2511.
- For UI Claims Support you need to dial 1-800-300-5616.
- For UI Automated Self-Service Line you need to dial 1-866-333-4606.
EDD Online Customer Service
- You can access EDD online Unemployment Insurance web features using UI Online
- Information from EDD is available on EDD Facebook page
- EDD is also available via EDD Twitter
EDD Fax Number
- For labor market information questions, comments, or suggestions you need to dial 1-916-262-2352.