If you need to speak to a live customer service representative in Texas DPS customer service you need to dial 1-512-424-2000. To speak with a live agent, you need to press 0 (to speak with an operator) or stay on the line (typical waiting time is about 1-2 minutes).
Alternatively you can use the following other options available in the customer service phone menu:
- For driver license and driver record inquiries press 1.
- For information on vehicle title, registration press 2.
- To reach customer service for your concealed handgun, private security, metals recycling or vehicle inspection program press 3.
- To obtain information about criminal history record information press 4.
- To reach a resources press 5.
- To report suspicious terrorism or crime-related activity press 6.
- To repeat these menu press 9.
- To speak with an operator press 0.
Texas DPS Customer Service Hours
Live customer service representatives from Texas DPS are available from 8am to 5.30pm CST Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
Texas DPS Customer Support Phones
- Texas DPS Customer Support Phone is 1-512-424-2000. Live customer service representatives from Texas DPS are available from 8am to 5.30pm CST Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday closed.
- For Capitol Service – Parking Administration you need to dial 1-512-936-2207.
- For Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) you need to dial 1-512-424-2790.
- For Crime Laboratory Service you need to dial 1-512-424-2105.
- For Crime Records – Fingerprint Service and Criminal History you need to dial 1-512-424-5079.
- For Criminal Investigations Division – Chief’s Office you need to dial 1-512-424-2130.
- For Criminal Investigations Division – Drug / Gang / Human Trafficking Programs you need to dial 1-512-424-0700.
- For Criminal Investigations Division – Polygraph School you need to dial 1-512-424-7958.
- For Driver License Customer Service you need to dial 1-512-424-2600.
- For Drug Trafficking you need to dial 1-800-868-6274.
- For Handgun Licensing, Metals Registration, Precursor Chemical, Private Security (RSD) and Vehicle Inspection you need to dial 1-512-424-7293.
- For Headquarters Security you need to dial 1-512-424-2290.
- For Human Resources Bureau you need to dial 1-512-424-5900.
- For Marijuana Cultivation you need to dial 1-800-868-6274.
- For Media and Communications Office you need to dial 1-512-424-2080.
- For Precursor Chemical you need to dial 1-512-424-7293.
- For Public Integrity Unit you need to dial 1-512-424-2160.
- For Report Suspicious Activity you need to dial 1-844-643-2251.
- For Roadside Assistance you need to dial 1-800-525-5555.
- For School Bus Transportation you need to dial 1-512-424-7396.
- For Texas Crime Stoppers you need to dial 1-800-252-8477.
- For Texas Data Exchange (TDEx) you need to dial 1-512-424-2629.
- For Texas Fusion Center (TxFC) you need to dial 1-866-786-5972.
- For Texas Rangers Division you need to dial 1-512-424-2160.
- For Victim Services you need to dial 1-512-424-2211.
Texas DPS Social Networks Customer Service
- Texas DPS customer service could be contacted via Texas DPS Facebook page. Typically Texas DPS customer service representative replies within an hour.
- You can also reach Texas DPS support via Texas DPS Twitter page
Texas DPS Mailing Addresses
Texas Department of Public Safety:
PO Box 4087
Austin, TX 78773-0001
Texas DPS Live Chat Support
Texas DPS doesn’t offer live chat support.
Texas DPS support e-mail
- To contact Capitol Service – Parking Administration send an e-mail to [email protected]
- To contact Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) send an e-mail to [email protected]
- To contact Crime Laboratory Service send an e-mail to [email protected]
- To email Driver License Customer Service use the following Texas DPS contact form.
- To contact Media and Communications Office send an e-mail to [email protected]
- To contact Public Integrity Unit send an e-mail to [email protected]
- To contact School Bus Transportation send an e-mail to [email protected]
- To contact Texas Crime Stoppers send an e-mail to [email protected]
- To contact Texas Data Exchange (TDEx) send an e-mail to [email protected]
- To contact Texas Fusion Center (TxFC) send an e-mail to [email protected]
Texas DPS Help Center
You can find more information about Texas DPS on the Texas DPS page.
Texas DPS Opening Hours
Monday 8am to 5.30pm CST
Tuesday 8am to 5.30pm CST
Wednesday 8am to 5.30pm CST
Thursday 8am to 5.30pm CST
Friday 8am to 5.30pm CST