If you need to talk to a live person in FAFSA customer service you need to dial 1-800-433-3243. This phone number is available 24 hours a day seven days a week. If you need additional assistance live agents are available Monday – Friday from 8am through 11pm EST, Saturday and Sunday from 11am through 5pm EST excluding holidays. To speak with an agent, you need to dial 1-800-433-3243 and say “speak with a customer service representative” (typical waiting time is about 1-4 minutes) and stay on the line.
For your convenience below are other options available via Federal Student Aid automated phone system.
- For the status of your application, the status of your correction or to request a copy of your student aid report say “application status”.
- To obtain a copy of a student report say “report”.
- For information on existing student loans say “loans”.
- For help with FSA ID say “help ID”.
- For more information on federal student ID information say “more information”.
FAFSA Service Options
FAFSA Customer Service Hours
FAFSA live customer service agents are available Monday-Friday from 8am through 11pm EST, Saturday and Sunday from 11am through 5pm EST excluding holidays.
FAFSA Phone Customer Service
FAFSA Social Networks Customer Service
- FAFSA customer service could be contacted via FAFSA Facebook page
- You can also reach FAFSA support via FAFSA Twitter page
- You can view latest FAFSA videos on FAFSA Youtube page
FAFSA Help Center
You can ask a question about FAFSA on the following page.
FAFSA Live Chat Customer Service
You can start a chat session with a FAFSA support representative on the https://studentaidhelp.ed.gov/app/chat/chat_launch/chat_data/.