800-846-5279 is an Equifax phone number to call if you’d like a quick and direct connection to a live person. The only additional question you will be asked on this line is whether you want to go through a survey at the end of the call.
888-202-4025 is an alternative phone to call. It is described by Equifax as a phone for business customers but it also has an option to speak to live person.
When you call 888-202-4025 phone number you will receive following options.
- Landlord needing to access files for potential tenant – press 1
- Declined business account based on your Equifax business report – press 2
- Licensed business calling to report consumer financial data – press 3
- Telecommunications or utility provider – press 4
- If you’re a licensed business interest in establishing Equifax account – press 5
- If you’re calling about personal credit report – press 6
You need to select option 6 which will connect you to live person right away.
Additional Equifax Phone Numbers
1-888-766-0008 to report fraud
1-800-685-1111 to retrieve your Equifax credit report
1-866-349-5191 to dispute your Equifax credit report
1-866-640-2273 for customer support (it is an old number and may not be available now)
- To retrieve your free Equifax credit report you need to visit http://www.annualcreditreport.com/
- To report fraud on your Equifax credit report you need to visit: https://www.alerts.equifax.com/AutoFraud_Online/jsp/fraudAlert.jsp
- To place a security freeze on your Equifax account visit: https://www.freeze.equifax.com/Freeze/jsp/SFF_PersonalIDInfo.jsp